skip to Main Content
Back To Top
Driving Theory Test
- The test costs £31 and is bookable online.
- You must pass the theory test before taking the practical test.
- It’s recommended to have started having driving lessons before taking the test.
- We strongly advise that you do plenty of homework beforehand – books, DVDs and apps are available to become familiar with the test formats and the Highway Code.
- To practice the theory test: visit https://www.gov.uk/practise-your-driving-theory-test
- Your instructor will be able to help to answer any questions you may have about the test but if have prepared well, you should have no problem in passing the theory test.
- The test is made up of two parts – you must achieve the pass rate in both
- Clear instructions are given before each part begins
- 50 multiple choice questions – touch screen format. Pass rate is 43/50.
- 75 hazard perception questions – mouse click format. Pass rate is 44/75.
- You will be given the result shortly after completing the test and if you pass you will feel great – a great boost to your confidence and you will be halfway to throwing away the L plates.